miércoles, 3 de septiembre de 2014



"They're certainly entitled to think that, and they’re entitled to full respect for their opinions,” said Atticus, “but before I can live with other folks I’ve got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.”

The beginning of that summer boded well: Jem could do as he pleased; Calpurnia would do until Dill came. She seemed glad to see me when I appeared in the kitchen, and by watching her I began to think there was some skill involved in being a girl.

(…) “How’d you like for her to come live with us?”
I said I would like it very much, which was a lie, but one must lie under certain circumstances and at all times when one can’t do anything about them.

Jem was scowling. It was probably part of the stage he was going through, and I wished I could hurry up and get through it. He was certainly never cruel to animals, but I had never known his charity to embrace the insect world.
“Why couldn’t I mash it?” I asked.
“Because they don’t bother you,” Jem answered in the darkness. (…) 

To kill a mockingbird- Harper Lee. Tuve que juntar varias en una sola porque si no iba a estar publicando hasta mañana. La de Jem y los bichos me hizo sentir bien por no ser la única rara...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Abuelito dime tú